Approved by Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education, as a fulltime public higher education institution specialized in techniques, Suzhou Higher Vocational School is dedicated to training students into skilled talents during a fiveyear program. The school has two campuses, with over 400 teachers and staff member, 6,000 students, covering more than 20 majors across six professional domains, such as electronic engineering, electromechanical engineering, information engineering, garment fabrication, art and design, economy and trade.
Our school adheres to the motto of “Equal Importance in Moral Excellence and Technical Proficiency, Combinational Use of Hands and Brain”. Our philosophy is to run the school with the firstclass criteria, build extraordinary majors bearing service idea in mind, train all students in the spirit of science, and enable our teachers to fully develop themselves in the context of affection”. To date, we have gradually accomplished five characteristics of our own:
1. Adaptive to the local economy, to form a pattern of “One Body, Two Wings”. Namely, base ourselves on advanced manufacturing industry, and develop traditional and modern service industries as our two “wings”.
2. Adaptive to the industrial transformation, to achieve a professional adjustment and upgrade. We adjust ourselves in a timely fashion, to enlarge our technical field by establishing new majors to suit for up-to-date development of the local economy.
3. Adaptive to realworld industries and enterprises, to innovate talent training model. We adhere to a schoolbusiness cooperation concept, i.e. businessoriented vocational education, to achieve an indepth integration between our training and the market demand.
4. Adaptive to practical post requirements, to reform in teaching mode. We proactively innovate in our training, teaching and evaluating models, and value theory and practice at the same time.
5. Adaptive to foreign teaching methods, to explore an international collaboration path. We have established a close relation with vocational institutions from South Korea, Germany, Japan, the United States, Taiwan and other countries and regions. What is worth mentioning is our regular “International Exchange” program with Chungbuk Semiconductor High School, South Korea, and a SinoGerman vocational training center jointly established with German bbw Education Group.
In recent years, as constantly manifesting our strength in the school running, we have kept enriching our inner construction. Hence the school has been rewarded as one of The First Exemplary Vocational Schools in Jiangsu Province, one of The First TopLevel Modern Vocational Schools in Jiangsu Province (Excellent rating by netizens), Model Vocational Training Institution of Jiangsu Province, Jiangsu Provincial Vocational Education Body with Moral Excellence Features, Model Unit in Information Educational Contest of Jiangsu Provincial Vocational Institutions, Jiangsu Provincial Best Innovative Institution in Vocational Education, Outstanding Unit in Chinese Civilization and Talent Competition, Jiangsu Provincial Teaching and Research Base for Vocational Education and Skill Training, and other honors. We have topped all similar Jiangsu schools in the comprehensive completions of all levels and all sorts.
We are committed to building firstclass courses, topranking faculty and a blue ribbon training base. We do our utmost for creating brand majors, and thus to training qualified talents, to support a remarkable school. Our accomplishment in such a highly modern vocational institution with quality characteristics will help our students, our teachers and our school to achieve the ultimate dreams!